22.2.10

Sandra Dee


Besides being a famous actress in the 1950s, Sandra Dee is my mother, who is more affectionately known as mom to me, and Sandy to her friends.

My mother was named after Sandra Dee, the 1950s actress (a former Golden Globe Winner) The 411 on my mom is that she is 47 years old (but doesn't look a day over 40), and has been a hair dresser for some crazy amount of years...I think it's getting up to 37 years actually!!

Some of my fondest memories are of times I have spent with my mother or of my mother doing things for me. She didn't and doesn't have a great relationship with her mom, and I think that she never wanted me to experience what not having a mom was like, so she tried hard everyday to be he best mom she could.

I remember specifically one time while I was in grade 7, my mom decided to buy me a shirt for a school dance that was coming up. Now most kids, especially in grade 7 would be like, "you're picking my clothes out for me?! UGH!" But not me, I got home, and there was a red and pink shirt on my bed. I think it was like from the store Below the Belt because it had the Paul Frank monkey head on it. She also bought me a blue sea shell necklace to go with it, at the time they were all the rage.
I was so shocked and so thankful, my mom was so considerate and generous and still is to this day!
This is a memory that remains with me because it shows the power of one small gesture, and how it can make you feel for the rest of your life.

She is my rock, my best friend and the person I can talk to about anything!
She is a mother to be envied.

- Appreciate your loved ones.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment